I have only been vegan for 5ish months and my favourite meals are still those which are vegan versions of my previous diet. One of my favourite meals used to be the nando’s chicken wrap, so when I went vegan, I had to recreate it. This is what I came up with. It is super EASY to make and DELICIOUS to eat!
What you will need for one wrap:
- Quorn vegan BBQ strips (I found mine in Morrison’s)
- A splash of olive oil
- Tortilla Wrap (I use Mission Deli Original wraps)
- 1 tbsp Vegan mayo (I use tesco’s own brand)
- optional: 1tsp any level spice nando’s marinade sauce
- 1 tbsp Jalapeño Chilli Jam (I use Morrison’s own brand)
- optional: salt
(click on pics to zoom in!)
- Start by frying your desired amount of quorn BBQ pieces in the Olive oil until they are cooked- this takes approximately 5 minutes. I usually use up half a packet for one wrap because I’m a greedy b*tch. (if desired, sprinkle some salt on the pieces)
- Whilst this is frying, heat up tortilla wrap in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- When the wraps are heated up, apply one tablespoon of mayo and chilli jam (optional: apply 1 teaspoon of marinade), and use the back of the spoon to spread this all over the wrap.
- Next, place lettuce on the wrap- I like to have a generous amount of lettuce: I would say about a handful is good.
- When the pieces are fried place them down the middle of the wrap in a straight line.
- fold the top and bottom of the wrap and roll from left to right (or right to left: as you desire) and voila!
And there you have a quick, easy, simple, delicious and vegan meal idea! I usually have this for lunch. 🙂
Compassion is the Fashion, Love